Accredited Advisor in Insurance Course and Other Optional Courses and Designations
Accredited Advisor in Insurance Course is a designation earned by insurance producers after completing a series of examinations on some of the fundamental insurance topics. An insurance producer who does accredited advisor in insurance course can enhance their insurance knowledge and serve customers in a better way. Moreover, accredited advisor in insurance designation opens opportunities that will enhance the career of insurance professionals. Such opportunities should not be ignored by insurance agents. They should always focus on developing themselves as an insurance professional. That is because it will help them to provide better services and retain more clients. Also, if the agents want to stay long in the insurance industry it is a must that agents explore new courses.
There are multiple other designation options for insurance professionals other than the title received with the Accredited Advisor in Insurance course. Here, I have discussed a few such courses and designations.
AAI 87 Agency Leadership and Strategic Alignment:
Agency Leadership and Strategic Alignment is an additional course. Unlike the three AAI courses, this course is an advanced level course. In addition, the agency leadership and strategic alignment course is designed for agency personnel who wish to build or gain a deeper insight into leadership roles. Agents can earn the title of AAI-M by taking this course. Agents who have the AAI designation can take this course. This course includes the following topics:
- The aligned organization
- Cultivating organizational alignment
- Employee development
- Managing across organizational boundaries
- Creating competitive advantage
- Strategic agency management
- Relationship management
- Business continuity planning
Pursuing the AAI 87 Agency Leadership and Strategic Alignment and getting this designation can have the following benefits for insurance professionals:
- Agents who have done the Accredited Advisor in Insurance course–Management designation can gain a competitive advantage by applying strategic decision making, marketing, and communications in their activities.
- Agents that hold AAI-M designation can maintain strong relationships with their clients, insurers, and other partners.
- The knowledge of strategic risk analysis and effective portfolio management will enable insurance agents to improve financial results for their organization.
- Agents holding AAI-M designation can learn new techniques for improving the financial results of agencies through strategic risk analysis and effective portfolio management.
The Institutes also has the following alternatives other than AAI:
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Associate in Claims (AIC)
- Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU)
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
- Associate in Management (AIM)
- Associate in Insurance Services (AIS)
Having one designation is not enough in today’s competitive insurance industry. Instead, agents should always look out for more courses and equip themselves to better cater to changing consumer needs. Additionally, agents should also continue looking for more ways to learn and develop their professional portfolio. This will enable them to stand out from the crowd and be competitive in the market while helping consumers find suitable insurance policies.